Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Everyone fears us !

Last Tuesday was the bomb!!   After the temple I went to the devotional they hold every Tuesday and we were blessed to have Elder Rasband come speak to us about the three steps we need to become the best missionaries and Disciples of Christ ever!!   First was to bridal our passions, then garnish thy thoughts, and lastly PRAY FOR THE HOLY GHOST!   It was great because my district is way cool, but sometimes we can find ourselves getting off track and we needed that kick in the behind to remember why we are here.  Every day I am learning something new, whether it is spiritual, Russian, or good habits.

The MTC has its moments where it can be a little tiring since we are constantly studying the scriptures or the Russian language.  My companion, Elder P, and I are the only ones going to Russia in our zone and we take pride in that.  Well righteous pride that is!  (hahaha)  My Branch President is hilarious; every Sunday is amazing and my favorite day of the week.  Not only because we get chicken cordon bleu but we get to hear President H speak.  He likes to make the comment to us that we "are Russian missionaries!   We do not look unprofessional and act unprofessional ever because we set the example at the MTC and everyone fears us!"  (hahaha)

 While sitting at the "Iron Curtain" on Saturdays we all participate in a toast in Russian it is quite fun to see the look on the other elder's faces in the cafeteria.  I hope that I will get pictures sent to you soon.

This week has been crazy when in dealing with the Russian language. We have been learning cases and memorizing charts, along with conjugating verbs and adding onto our testimonies, prayers, and greetings.  Even my singing in Russian has gotten better as well and I no longer make others' ears bleed! The thing I look forward to everyday is GYM and language study.   I don’t get to see much of Jon though he is up stairs in my classroom building.  But I have said hello to him in Russian and like to see the puzzled look he gets as I greet him!  (hahaha)  Same goes for Trevor and Kyle.  

The doughnuts came through yesterday and everyone loved them! (haha)  in fact they are gone just about and thank goodness because sweets+ me = trouble!!  (hahaha)  I have been staying obedient and sticking with the rules here.  It is funny because most of us already talk about how we can't wait to get out of here!  It is really cool don't get me wrong but sitting and eating makes me want to take a nap and I am not allowed to do that especially after a Sunday Lunch! 

The language is coming and I am trying to make my own sentences, which in itself can be confusing. When you translate it from Russian to English it is cave man talk!  Their language is all about speaking at the person and not with them.  Oh btw natives came and they are super sick and they have been telling us stories and about Ukraine mostly.  We have had the opportunity to practice Russian with them and it is a good thing to know that when I speak they can understand my Russian!   I just pray that I don’t have too many "X" because to pronounce it sounds like a person hacking a lugie and I accidently did release a projectile once or twice! (haha)
   
I appreciate the support and for the packages!!   I Love all you guys back home!
Старейшина Лефевр

No comments:

Post a Comment