Good Day! Good Week! I heard I will be getting my bag from the Russian government...HURRAY and About time! Tuesday morning, we spent all day going around perm and to different offices to retrieve my bag from the airport. We were not done until about six in the afternoon. The bureaucracy is like the DMV in the USA and you know how that can be. (Not cool) We went to the first office and they asked for my passport and copies and asked me if I speak Russian.(chut chut: small) Then they said if I could not speak it well then I could not retrieve my bag! Aghh. We did this for some time, but the church has some cool hookups here and President A was determined to help me out. We made it to this nice office in downtown Perm with fresh linoleum! oohh fancy eh?! Then she pointed at me and said, "come! SIT! What do you want to do?" I answered “I want to receive my baggage from the airport." She said, "To whom you want to give permission." I said, "Elder H, to obtain my bag in my name and I give him permission" That was it!! We spent six hours just to say a couple of sentences and I thought I had to speak well. haha Slick!! She then said I have to pay a couple thousand rubles to pay for the paper that said I give permission.
Later that night we had tacos at an investigator's home. I have impressed the Russian people in the fact that I have loved their food and traditions. Herbal tea is good and a good time to sit and chat. (still tough to do but I play charades and I am becoming pro!)
Wednesday and most of the week we made our way stopping by inactives and I think that it has settled in that my fear of big dogs is conquered. Because there are like a 'billion' everywhere and they are pretty nasty but they leave you alone. About everyday this past week we have been eating well and by well we made pizza, tacos, fruit salad, omelets..etc We are trying to run every morning and it is crazy tough to get used to how humid it gets here. The other night I just took a freezing shower just for the heck of it to go to bed not sweating! btw the water is like an ice bath ha-ha. I have this hoola-hoop motion that I like to do it works. ha-ha. Me and my companion like to point out all the funny stuff we see. Like the other day we were walking and about three guys got up out of the grass like zombies (drunk) and ran off into the woods! ha-ha Then while we were meeting with a couple of members in the park there came a taxi that pulled up and a couple hooked up a sound system and played some music and they started dancing and singing. Like old time Russian music! ha-ha our member friend started to dance too and it was just awesome hahahaha, that made my day. Another funny thing is everyone likes to stop on the side of the road and do their business, and one guy fell over during. ha-ha
Wednesday and most of the week we made our way stopping by inactives and I think that it has settled in that my fear of big dogs is conquered. Because there are like a 'billion' everywhere and they are pretty nasty but they leave you alone. About everyday this past week we have been eating well and by well we made pizza, tacos, fruit salad, omelets..etc We are trying to run every morning and it is crazy tough to get used to how humid it gets here. The other night I just took a freezing shower just for the heck of it to go to bed not sweating! btw the water is like an ice bath ha-ha. I have this hoola-hoop motion that I like to do it works. ha-ha. Me and my companion like to point out all the funny stuff we see. Like the other day we were walking and about three guys got up out of the grass like zombies (drunk) and ran off into the woods! ha-ha Then while we were meeting with a couple of members in the park there came a taxi that pulled up and a couple hooked up a sound system and played some music and they started dancing and singing. Like old time Russian music! ha-ha our member friend started to dance too and it was just awesome hahahaha, that made my day. Another funny thing is everyone likes to stop on the side of the road and do their business, and one guy fell over during. ha-ha
Oh and my first crazy grandma story...AWESOMENESS!! So we were stopping by a less active and this lady comes up and asked where we were from. We got excited and stated who we were and where we were from. We started to teach and testify and that’s when she interrupted and said, "Your Russian is horrible! You are young and have no idea why you are even here. You cannot comprehend who God is and that we are all pieces of god and we came from the sun." She then said, "You are spitting out useless information and she got up in my face and was like you are naive and stupid! That America is dumber than Russia!" ha-ha I understood some of what she said but my companion had to translate some after and I was just laughing.
Our 4th of July celebration was awesome and we had shikabobs and coke! mmmmm. We have district/zone meeting every Wednesday and we talked about finding. I am excited to meet President R this week and get to know him. I heard he is a pretty cool guy and is up to date on technology and is excited to meet us and the awesome members here in perm. We have some the coolest members and yesterday at church six of the less active members came to church most haven’t been for years. Success in my eyes! We are trying to get people pumped into missionary work here so that there can be a stake someday here too. That would be cool and a big step. It was exciting this week when we saw two investigators walk in to the church off a contact that me a member received! We had an awesome lesson plan but the member was so excited he shared the whole plan of salvation and some deep doctrine. ha-ha , their faces were priceless. We hope to meet with them this week and I will update you on that.
It was a great week and thanks for the mail from Pres. and Sis.H, Aunt Brenda, and emails! You all rock and the support is awesome! I hope to get more pics to you soon maybe next week if the R's bring my bags. I AM PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!!
No comments:
Post a Comment