Monday, December 19, 2011

First week in Ekat

I am in Yekaterinburg!! So super exciting and really really confusing to me because all I know is Perm. I went from knowing bus routes and side streets to nothing at all and just letting Elder Y and Elder Z show me around. The day of transfers was below -20 degrees Celsius and super freezing, but no snow compared to lovely Perm. There are just big blocks of ice that cover the sidewalks and roads here and I was getting used to climbing over the big piles of snow but now my behind is trying to get used to the amount of times I have fallen while walking on the streets.

The new area is really big and I love big areas, because you just got a ton of ground to cover and therefore it doesn't become the same route everyday.

It is going really well in the new branch that I am serving in and we have a couple of progressing investigators in the area. it is amazing to me of how much sacrifice is taken to be a member and to stand for the right here in Russia. We met with one investigator who has a baptismal date for January 7th at church and right off the bat came up and talked to me about the Book of Revelations. You can imagine the thoughts I had running through my mind when he started to talk about the dragon and the war in heaven. It was funny because he related it to the USSR. I am super excited to go to work in the big city and to gain some experience as being a district leader!

I love the mission and I love Russia! Merry Christmas to everyone! 
Love Elder LeFevre

No comments:

Post a Comment