Monday, March 5, 2012

Visa trip

This past week was great and exciting! I am learning a ton out here on the mission. This past week we are increasing our efforts in finding new investigators. This past week we took a ton of taxis all around the city as I went on a visa trip to Finland and back, mid-transfer training, and Elder and Sister J came to Chelyabinsk to do an audit on the branch. Oh and by the way, I am staying zone leader with Elder S and our area just got bigger. We are now in charge of another city and the center area. The crazy thing about the next two transfers is that our mission is getting smaller again, as no new elders and sisters are coming for at least two transfers. Time to step it up!! The mission is doing great and the weather is amazing!

This past week we saw some awesome miracles happen as two investigators showed up to church and loved the testimonies that were shared by the whole branch. We have also been getting street meetings and handing out books of Mormon left and right it seems. I love asking questions of the soul to everyone. It really gets them thinking and pondering on how they can answer such questions as; Do you believe God answers prayers? or If you had one question to ask God, what would that question be? Our zone rocks at finding and we are going to continue! Thursday we all stayed at the apartment on the other side of town and woke up at a whopping 02:30 am to stop by the other elders and then to the airport on the outskirts of town for our Visa trip. The only bummer was that I didn't get to visit the Helsinki temple again, but our group was fun and I got some Finnish chocolate and Elder P and I had tortilla chips and some guacamole and the milk I bought actually tasted good! Ha-ha (Russian milk is interesting. In the southern parts of my mission it is possible to buy carbonated horse milk.) Random fact, but gives you the taste of all the mixes of culture there are in the mission. Oh, and another thing to add is that we went down to the Chinese bazaar here in the north end of town for last P-day and it was cool because we were communicating with them in Russian and sometimes we had to use hand signals because they didn't understand all the Russian we spoke.

The elections were this past week and I heard it is a big deal in the bigger cities, but here in Chelyabinsk it was no problem. Now this is what Elder S and I did on the day of elections. We did translations between Elder J and the branch president and his secretaries. Everyone was hungry from the fast Sunday and the fact that the audit took a long time. Yeah, you bet our vocabulary expanded! Ha-ha.  Having them in town got me excited to help the senior couple coming to Chelyabinsk this month! We are still working with the realtor on that. The J’s were super cool and we got them the nicest hotel in the city with the French restaurant, free sauna, and breakfast on the go for the 8-hour train ride back to Ufa! They say Hi to Elder G (my bro in Alabama) and are glad to hear he liked the Russian candy! It is a small world. 

Love you all.  
Elder LeFevre

No comments:

Post a Comment