What a great week in Chely. The sun is shining and it is time that I try to get a little more color on my legs as we go out and shoot some hoops for P-day. Lately, we have been getting into some crazy meetings both good and the others different. The sisters gave us a referral for a man they met on the street by a member's house and I decided to give him a call the other day after we went looking for one of our investigators with a baptismal date. The investigator that we were looking for lives in a dormitory set up where there are many families that share one apartment and each renter receives a room in that apartment. At first, I didn't realize that but we knocked on the door and another lady answered and had no idea who we were talking about. It surprises me that people didn't know their neighbors even when they live in the same apartment. So, after that little adventure I called the man on the phone and he was super interested in learning about out church! It turned our spirits right around, until the meeting actually happened between us. He had been reading and summarizing all the religions in the world for many years and now wanted to do the same with our religion. He had some really interesting theories but they weren't true and we ended up testifying to the man and sent him with a commitment to read. It was such a meeting of frustration, as the man wouldn't listen. After a bit, you just know that the person is not going to listen and therefore we had to end that meeting.
However, our super awesome investigator who has a baptismal date for April is doing well. He is very accepting and loves the progress that he has made in coming closer to his Heavenly Father. This is the joy in missionary work and teaching. I love seeing the progress in others. This message helps everyone and it is true. This past week Elder S and I taught our zone the importance of using members on lessons with investigators and not being afraid to use them on the first meeting because this only ensures your purpose as a missionary. Therefore, we are only left to teach that person.
I only had the chance to watch the Saturday session so far in English of general conference. It was super good and it was great to listen to talks on not being offended and how to move on being ACTIVE IN THE GOSPEL! "Be where you are supposed to be and do what you are supposed to do. Then, the Lord will bless you!" So true!! Tonight, we are having a Family Home Evening at the M's and a testimony meeting with our investigator. We are super excited and hoping all goes well! I love you all! Thanks for the hot sauce Uncle David and Aunt Melissa! My companion thinks I ruin the food every time I pull out one of my hot sauces and make sure that it causes my nose to run! ha-ha
Love,
Elder LeFevre
No comments:
Post a Comment