This past Monday was different in not having a FHE at a member's house, due to the fact that about half of the members are in Kiev at the temple for these next couple of weeks. So we tried to get members on as many lessons as possible before there would be hardly anyone. Chelyabinsk is one of my favorite cities on the mission. We just got a new ward mission coordinator (Kostya). He is super cool and willing to help us in anyway possible. The only thing that I have began not to like is feeling like I am swimming outside every time we go contacting. We finally decided that we needed to go get a fan to replace the old one that we had that was held together by shoe glue. The motor broke and therefore one night without a fan was enough.
Our new investigator has been able to hangout with us at basketball on mondays and on saturdays football. It has been great to go outside and play to get to know investigators and some of the members better. But these activities have been tough to get participation from everyone, but you can always count on the missionaries.
The zone is doing well and we are trying to hit the standard of excellence of one new investigator a week. The tough part is trying to meet with people who are not in the village or on the garden during this time of year. It is weird to see that on the weekends the city almost turns into a ghost town. Yesterday, We were contacting and we started talking to this kid and basically give him a street lesson and all of a sudden in the corner of my eye I saw a face, which I recognized. I thought to myself, "OH NO!" I saw him stop and take a look at my nametag and wait until we had finished our converstaion with the other man. He then yells, "Well, well well...LeFevre! You never called me back!" I immediaatley knew who this man was and had remembered that we had taught him a couple lessons with Elder S. Last time I talked to the man he had questions about the Book of Mormon and why it didn't contain anything about the first seventeen years of the life of Jesus Christ and so on. And I remember asking him if he had prayed about the book of Mormon. he didn't commply with the request, so I told him that there is no other way and that he needs to have an open heart and act in faith to recieve answers and not just state that all religions are true and that God is a speck of life. He had read every religious piece of literature and Elder S and I tried to lay it out straight with him when we met about the priesthood. So he then followed us back to our general area of residence and then I faked a call and we told him "goodbye." This time, I didn't say anything about calling him back. ha-ha-ha
Our investigators are moving forward towards baptism. We announced the baptism of one of our investigators for this Saturday in the lake near the southern part of Chelyabinsk. However, it is just the branch president who is in town for two weeks and we have been making a ton of calls to get people to come and be aware of the service this Saturday. There is a ton of planning taking place due to the low hands of help. I pray that it works out and tonight we have a potential of teaching a family that Elder B and I found contacting. Miracles happen everyday here and in life in general!
Love you alll and have a good week.
Elder LeFevre
No comments:
Post a Comment