We just finished a baseball game with our investigator and his little dog like Paris Hilton has. Those kind of dogs are very popular here. Anyway, we played in the rain some soccer and then taught them how to play baseball. I got a sweet couple of solid hits on the bat and luckily didn't fly into someone's window. The field
wasn't too big and we played with a tiny bat. I am having such a good time here in Yekaterinburg.
Yesterday, We went to Кыштым to visit the group of members that hold sacrament out there amongst three people. We arrived after a two hour trip in the car with the mission driver and us. the mission driver is
legit here and it was fun to spend time talking with him for most of the ride, while my companion fell asleep in the back. We arrived about an hour early to the meeting and decided to use the hour to do some sight seeing of the city or shall I say little town used for metal work in the factories there. We had the meeting with them and we blessed the sacrament and gave talks on faith, prayer and the Holy Ghost. I finished it up pretty nicely. I told everyone that I loved hot food and after church in their living room we had a filling meal of plov, salati, and torte. We drove home out of the forest covered town back to the big city Yekaterinburg. We arrived and ran to D's place to have a spiritual thought and a lesson with one of our investigators and played "Settlers of Zarahemla." (probably my new favorite board game!) We had such a good time and he brought his girlfriend to the evening, which she warmed up to us and the members really well. After that meeting we ran to meet a potential new investigator at the church.
Saturday, We awoke and went down to the park to do exercise and passed on the McDonald's. ha-ha Being here in Russia has helped me eat only fresh food and not fast food. Once we were done with studies we made salsa for lunch and then contacted on the street. Getting last minute things for the baptism, we mopped the baptismal font to prepare for the three baptisms we had this past week. I was a good turn out of
about 30 people. We interviewed the people before their baptism and made sure that everything was fine with them as their baptism was about to happen. They were smiling from ear to ear it seemed like. I love baptisms. After the baptism, we met with a man from Uzbekistan who is trying to pick up Russian, but it is super hard to teach him with the language. He brought us some Uzbekistan meat. It was interesting.
Friday, We found the apartment!! Yes!! We spent most of our week looking for an apartment. Some of the apartments we looked at were from alright to a dump! The rest of our week was quite similar to this day. in trying to get the missionaries situated with new apartments and moving to their new areas, which we will be doing this week. We had a busy week with zone class where President R presided on the meeting and it was a good lesson then ran along to that which he said. On Thursday, we barely had time to do weekly planning, looking at apartments, and did three interviews which required translations in the afternoon. It was good to see the Atonement work in front of my eyes and I know that true happiness is achieved as we develop
ourselves into our full potential everyday through his love, which is shown to us by his atonement.
Our other investigators, who are baptist met with us on Monday this last week and it turned into a battle almost. I didn't participate in bible bashing. I hate persuading people with words towards conversion, because it will never work. We love people into the gospel, not force them into it. As we are examples to others and inform them of our beliefs then respect is reached between you and success will be achieved. People see the blessings of the gospel as they see it through the members being manifested in their smiles and love towards one another. I love you all and you all have a good week!
Elder LeFevre
No comments:
Post a Comment