(Note from mom: Kyle traveled to ZLC on Tuesday through Thursday, then on Friday morning got a a plane to Finland for his 24 hour Visa Trip, flying back to Tyumen from Finland and then on a 5 hour bus ride to Kurgan)
The topic of the mission in the month of February is patience. Kind of ironic when the topics that are determined by President R fit extremely well with what is going on in the work here in Kurgan. Elder P and I have been going out and knocking on doors constantly when we have free time at night and contacting during the day in between meetings. Among these many conversations that take place in our everyday activity as missionaries, many ask how people react to our message. I can say people react differently on a wide scale of responses that may seem funny or may even seem damaging to one's faith if you so let it.
I have learned so much while serving the Lord here in Russia. One attribute that has been a continuing work in progress is ability to be patient on many levels. It may require you being patient with your companion, investigator, branch, leaders, and most of all with yourself. This next transfer we will be essentially starting with a new slate as the sisters are moving out of the city and we will be taking their place on Wednesday. The cool thing is that we know most the members in Kurgan and it will only require us to strengthen that relationship. In due time we will be working diligently and continue being obedient to the Lord and our Mission President. We have been doing well in all aspects of the work and I am only happy to be doing missionary work.
One thing that I have learned with patience is the fact that it does not require us to be passive. In fact, being passive is not being patient. We had such a great discussion on extending baptismal dates with the rest of the zone leaders this past week and the need to be bold and be confident in the Lord, our companion and ourselves. "The Lord does not translate one's good hopes and desires and intentions into works. Each one of us must do that for himself." - Pres. Spencer W. Kimball Rise up and stand for what you know is right. Do not accept anything less than the standard the Lord has set. This applies to how we choose to live our lives and not being bold and loving enough to challenge someone to reach their potential. One general authority explained, " I am convinced that we most times restrict others from joining the church." (Elder Alvin A dyer) We need to continue driving towards the goal, whether that be on the mission field or after. Enduring to the end doesn't mean that you went to the temple and all is "fine and dandy." It means living it and following our Savior every step of the way.
I know this to be true. I know that sometimes we fall short of what we are striving for, only to grow from that experience and by having patience we can repent and continue on the right path. I love you all and know that you can overcome anything with the Lord on your side.Love,
Elder LeFevre
No comments:
Post a Comment