Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Week 1 at the MTC

The first week at the MTC was CRAZY!!  My brain was swirling around with everything on the schedule and just getting all the orientations done. Trevor was there to greet me and it was way awesome to see my best friend welcome me to the start of my mission!  I will never forget it!  I went through the doors and picked up my tag along with my ID and then I was shown my room. I was the last to arrive in the room and from there went to orientation.

Once there we received our first couple of assignments. Homework already!? Yes. We had to read the white handbook, pick up my Russian books and study supplies, memorize our purpose as missionaries and learn the alphabet by Sunday! From there we went to class and began to study the first chapter in Preach My Gospel. When I walked in I looked on the board and there was my name with a heart drawn next to it!  I began to laugh and later learned it was Elder K G down the hall who I see frequently from the Russian classroom!

Russian is one crazy language! The alphabet is easy because you can pronounce any word as long as you know the sound of the letter; there are no tricks when combining letters. My favorite letter of the alphabet has to be 'X' because it sounds like you are going to hack a lugie on someone! and it is how we say Christ!  Within a week I have memorized my testimony and know how to add upon what I have said previously.  I have learned greetings and have integrated them within my day with my companion, Elder P.  Elder P is a cool companion and we are learning to teach by the spirit and 'bank off' each other’s comments. My district is full of hilarious characters and guys whom within a week, I have become friends with fast. We barely started to sing in Russian and it’s hard not to crack up because someone passes gas really bad or we just sound tone deaf!

Sunday we had the BYU men's choir come for our fireside and it was SWEET!!  My favorite song was the one from New Zealand with bamboo drums rocking the house to get a standing ovation!  On Sundays we get to do temple walks and I’ll be sending pictures really soon I promise. The Spirit is very strong here and I look forward to each day.

Love Elder Kyle LeFevre

1 comment:

  1. It's so good to hear that your doing great. How exciting to have your best friend w/ you in the MTC. Keep writing & we love you!
    Treyson, Ty, Heather & David

    ReplyDelete