Wednesday, May 11, 2011

We are the older District

Another P-day!! We just got done doing initiatories for family names which rocked! P-days, besides Sundays are the best here at the MTC. The older district left and it is us just on our floor until the new guys come on May 18th! The other day we hung out in the clubhouse we made it the club YCCCR! (USSSR) with the old district. Before they left we inherited four fans for our room, I got a robe, and left over food! The robe is so cool; it has been passed down five transfers and has stayed in the zone since then. Now I get to tag it with my name! We will be known as the big dogs on the block and guess where all the left over treats are going...the new kids! Just to show our appreciation and to pass the love of never ending sweets! I love all the sweets and packages by the way! Thank you for the package Grandpa and Grandma!! On top of the older district being gone we inherited seat cushions, and the new desks so all my Russian books can actually reside somewhere besides the floor! So this week has been great!

How lucky am I? Well let’s just say we got another apostle to come speak to us last night, Elder Neil Anderson! I guess it is unheard of to have three apostles almost back to back in the MTC! He talked on the Atonement and gave a good doctrinal talk on the subject. Weird I would complement a doctrinal talk, because usually I'd fall asleep. It was cool he talked on the merits, mercy, and grace of the atonement. I learned a ton about us being a part of the Easter story and declaring the gospel to change lives in the areas we are going and that charity is enough to shove out all other cares I have had about myself. Being in the MTC has definitely changed me and the way I look at things. I can tell these next two years are going to be beneficial in many ways. One quote sits in my mind this week and is the motto of any service that I engage myself in doing, "Loose yourself, to find yourself." (Can't remember if it was Benson or Kimball who said that but it was a prophet) Another cool thing I read was a poem written by a convert from Russia. The poem was awesome and it allowed me to glimpse into the lives of the people who I will be teaching and being an example to. I encourage all to do the little things every day, such as reading your scriptures, praying, going to the temple, refrain from bad habits, and show service to those around us. The boy stated these things allowed the missionaries and members of the church to have that "light" about them. That is the light of Christ in all of us and the closer we come to Christ the brighter it will shine!

Well I got to prepare my first lesson in Russian for this afternoon. It is going to be hard, but I have been preparing and the language is coming, I think so! Ha-ha

Thank you for the prayers and love!
Старейшина Лефевр

No comments:

Post a Comment