Sunday, August 21, 2011

It is getting HOT, HOT, NOT !!!


It is getting HOT, HOT, NOT!!!!! ha-ha  
Elder F and I go running every morning and get our body temperature up then we come inside and shower and the hot water, which by the way smells like onions, hits and it actually refreshing! ha-ha Last Monday we played basketball with some high school kids out in the neighborhood and it was great. We lost however. ha-ha  My skills were just so good that the "White handbook" prevented me from going to my full potential on the court. Don't want to get injured you know. Plus most of you have seen my skills before and can trust that we could have smashed them.
From there on out the week became COLD! Yes. I was sporting the sweater and the p-jack. My companion laughs when I say this is like winter in Vegas! He can’t wait until true winter hits because he is from Alaska. ha-ha  I am warm blooded!!   ALL THE HOT SAUCE IS GONE! (at least the Cholula) Yes crazy, I know the food is more bland than I thought, but healthier than American. We had splits this past weekend and I went with Elder W. He couldn't believe the amount of habanero Tabasco I put on my eggs yesterday. All I said, "Hey I am from Vegas!"

This past week we have been making our way to less active members and doing family home evenings at people's houses. Great FOOD! I love Family Home Evening. So it has been good and we continue to try to find. It is still nerve racking to talk on the bus with some people but I am proud to just open my mouth at least and ask how it is going. Because you either get three responses.
1-They fall asleep (FAKERS)
2-Stare
3-mumbled Russian
4- GO HOME YANKEE! hahaha
Yep and you haven’t been on a bus ride until you just lose all sense of personal space and cannot do anything about it, especially when a guy is staring at you and breathing his beer breath! yo Bro! Here is a Tic Tac! and by the way the closer you get to my name tag you aren’t gonna read it! Because you are hammered!" haha
I inherited the taco bed last week and I am actually sleeping well! Haha  See tacos are 100% perfect! (Every way, aspect or form). Same with the gospel.  It is like a tortilla shell that holds all the good fillings to make you happy! It can be folded or rolled anyway to fit what that person needs and what blessings they are going to partake.

Transfers were at the end of the week and I got to chill with Elder W.  It was great. We tore the sister's area book apart with phone calls then took a tranbus to go eat at KFC! aka Растикс! Which is totally different menu and a Coke конечно. Then we made our way back and handed a Book of Mormon! Then we had a birthday party with cake, ice cream, tea, and watermelon. We had two meetings and hey I got complemented on how good my Russian is coming along by several members. So that is a plus! Then we came home and hung out with the other elders who are still without an apartment. So it was sick!
My week was great! One cool thing was I and Elder F got to take a member around to throw away garbage, buy groceries, and get water. His wife is in the hospital and he is 100% blind and 70% deaf. So it was great to hang with him! He is an amazing dude. He pointed at me and said, “You ready for the cold warm blood!" ha-ha and then asked if my hair was curly yet because of the humidity. Then we had tea and cookies, which was awesome.
So our whole week was full of rejoicing here in Perm and to top it all off we made the best chocolate shake ever. Super Snickers (100 g), Chocolate ice cream (400 g), sweetened condensed milk, peanut butter, Nutella, 4% Milk, and 2 bananas!! (grams is how we measure) Yeah that will knock your socks off!  ha-ha   So try it out at home! It will put you to sleep really quick!
Love ya'll
Elder LeFevre

No comments:

Post a Comment