CRAZY that this transfer is almost over! After serving in one area for a while it just seems like that is your area for like two years ha-ha But this next transfer is going to be exciting because we have 9 new elders coming into the mission.
This week was a good week and more celebrations at the apartment at the end of the day which plans had changed dramatically.
So my communication skills in Russian are getting better and more confident on the phone, which is great!! Got this last week set up with awesome meetings where we talked about the temple and got to show some pictures to some of the families here of back home. Talking about the temple so much last week made me just want to go really bad. We had 12 members here in Perm have the privilege to go for a week in Kiev and do work there. It was cool to see their faces all beaming and better bet us missionaries have them help on meetings to testify, which we had them do. Of course it turns into about forty minutes of talking before the lesson sometimes, but I liked hearing from these modern pioneers and their experience at the temple. I showed my favorite temple, San Diego, to members in my photo album and they thought it was the coolest thing ever. (Because the San Diego is). But I like the Vegas one too, because you can walk around the backside and overlook the city and feel like you are standing on top of the world, which you are in all reality above the world living the standards of the church and above the adversary.
I continued to show the rest of my pictures and people kept saying how I had changed and that I was chunky in MTC and prior to going in but now "I am in RUSSIA" that is what they say ha-ha . So this relates to the fact of how my PEANUT BUTTER is gone and so is my RED HOT SAUCE!!
So my communication skills in Russian are getting better and more confident on the phone, which is great!! Got this last week set up with awesome meetings where we talked about the temple and got to show some pictures to some of the families here of back home. Talking about the temple so much last week made me just want to go really bad. We had 12 members here in Perm have the privilege to go for a week in Kiev and do work there. It was cool to see their faces all beaming and better bet us missionaries have them help on meetings to testify, which we had them do. Of course it turns into about forty minutes of talking before the lesson sometimes, but I liked hearing from these modern pioneers and their experience at the temple. I showed my favorite temple, San Diego, to members in my photo album and they thought it was the coolest thing ever. (Because the San Diego is). But I like the Vegas one too, because you can walk around the backside and overlook the city and feel like you are standing on top of the world, which you are in all reality above the world living the standards of the church and above the adversary.
I continued to show the rest of my pictures and people kept saying how I had changed and that I was chunky in MTC and prior to going in but now "I am in RUSSIA" that is what they say ha-ha . So this relates to the fact of how my PEANUT BUTTER is gone and so is my RED HOT SAUCE!!
Oh and one cool thing is that the mission sent every companionship a DVD player to do the New Training on and it is a great way to listen to my inherited MP3's ha-ha (Alex Boye by the way is awesome and encourage you to buy his CD). we listen to it about 10 times a day and it does not get old so pick it up at the Deseret Book today!
Along with our desserts we make Russian pancakes and have been living off soup! Living the Life here. Our investigators have been tough to meet with due to school starting on September 1st and the cell service is another thing, it is more like "can you call me now?...Now?...Good!" But one investigator has a hard time with smoking and drinking and he is trying to quit and says he will be baptized in this church but we all know we cannot stop there so we are trying to kick him in the behind and draw some steps to getting him there. Never knew how good the gospel and its principles are until we start living and teaching it!
от Россий с любовью Ст. ЛеФивэр
(From Russia with Love, Elder LeFevre)
No comments:
Post a Comment