Well I moved on up to the "big house" in Perm this past week with my new companion Elder H to finish his training and Elder Z is doing work up in вторая вышка с моим старым напарником, старейшина Аллред. One of the biggest malls in the Urals is here and there is everything you can imagine in there. It is cool to get a little piece of American music walking around the outside of it every once in a while. ha-ha
I am trying to get used to a brand new area and a nicer apartment, but I believe that I will get accustomed quickly as I keep doing that what I was taught to do from my trainers. Right now we have two investigators in our area who are super close to being ready to have a baptismal date and it is super sweet! There have been five baptisms since I began training here in Perm and there will be another this week on Thursday.
This past week has been full of fun and great experiences. Me and Elder H went and visited with a lady whom we thought was going to turn into a progressing investigator, but it went really weird. So I called a church member who I have used on meetings before and knew he had a great testimony on the Book of Mormon to be on the meeting with us to visit this lady who had originally believed in reincarnation. We had planned to teach her a few principles of the first lesson to get her to read and come to church. It started off good about the love of God in our lives, but then we moved onto the next point and then we began to be taught! ha-ha She had planned to teach us her own lesson. Not wanting to be rude we sat there and listened to her on how she has a "master" (btw looks like a Muslim dude who comes out with articles on bananas and how we use a trampoline to get to God.) Anyway, it was super weird and she wasn't going to listen. I looked over at Sasha and I could tell like we need to bounce out of this crazy hocus pocus house. Ha-ha got to love meeting like those because you find out good vocabulary words.
There was a holiday here in Russia last Friday as we went walking around our area for hours on end finding member, less actives, and nonmembers. It was a kind of old revolution celebration, which was being kept down from becoming a riot from the police and their AK-47 guns. It was safe, so no worries! We just took off our badges as we walked through the crowd. Even though we didn't find anyone or we got a doors slammed on us by non-active members, we found two really cheap grocery stores in our area where you can buy SUPER SNICKERS for 26p. I have to send you a picture of these candy bars because they will make you feel like candy bars in America are expensive, small, and you might feel deprived. Russia is awesome!!
We had a couple of other good planned meeting this week and one was with a super investigator who is really into to learning about the Book of Mormon and if this is the right church or not. We don't even have to drag her to sacrament meeting, which is sweet! She came to the Area Conference we had this last Sunday and we will extend the baptismal question to her next time we teach her! I hope it all goes well! I will be super excited to be a part of that. Area conference was good listening to President Uchdorf, Elder Oaks, and a few other general authorities.
All in all the weather is not too bad ha-ha SIKE (hope i spelt that right) The wind is what always does it, but today is warm and not windy. (10 F or feels like -3 F) I look like a baller in my coat! Ha-ha
Love you all and stay warm, unless you are in Vegas then go catch some rays today! I haven't been getting too much sun lately either.
из Россий с любовью, Старейшина ЛеФивэр
(From Russia with Love, Elder LeFevre)
(From Russia with Love, Elder LeFevre)
No comments:
Post a Comment