BAPTISM!!! Our investigator this past week got baptized, after he had been investigation for some time and it was a great experience for me to see how much someone changes when they live by the gospel! His countenance changed over the time that we have been in here in Chely and was willing to do whatever to be baptized. he was super happy on Sunday, especially after he received the Holy Ghost!! Putting his baptism was some work for us, however due to the fact we had problem after problem arise after we set the date with him. We announced the baptism a week in advance and somehow, we didn't get news of a Russian working day on the day of the baptism. So as we made calls to make sure that people were going to be there and those that were going to speak would be ready, we met with some "I am not going to make it!" it was frantic calls up until ten o'clock at night making sure we had support. President R came and saw the baptism and we had a better turn out than it looked like the night before the baptism. Elder S baptized him and I talked on baptism! We were super happy to see him participate in class actively already and just have a big smile!
This past week was great getting our investigator ready for baptism, but we faced problems with our other investigators in having trouble keeping in touch with them through the phone and on meetings. Basically, they are known as missing in action at the moment. We are trying hard to move forward in finding families and other people from the streets, as the weather begins to be more like summer and we are all happy to see the sun! After the baptism we went out to SUBWAY and treated ourselves to some foot long sandwiches, which actually came with a free half of a sandwich on top! Ha-ha. Everything was working out and our phone was silent after the baptism. What a sigh of relief for one second. Ha-ha. We are just trying to keep our area moving forward right now. We went on splits with the assistants before the baptism and made some Beach Body pancakes for the day that was ahead of us before we met V on the bus stop.
Today, we had our washing machine replaced by a new one. The landlady came with her friend and switched them out. I helped them prepare the washer to move out of the bathroom and began to unscrew the hose that was connected to the pipe in the back. Well, I forgot the turn off the water and i began to unscrew and then the water shot out like a fire hose onto the floor. I was fishing for the valve and trying to plug the pipe, but to no avail. So, I let the other guy handle it and finally, we found it in two minutes. They left after we cleaned up the water for a bit and then we got a knock on our door. There stood a grandma who lived right below us. She was not too happy needless to say due to the fact that the water had somehow leaked through the cracks in the concrete into her own bathroom! hahaha OOOPS!
Zone Leader Council is this week and I am trying to guess what will be there to eat because Sister R is in America, while she is getting a new passport. I am hoping tacos! This past Monday, we had a FHE at the M’s and they made tacos and they had some leftover meat and extra stuff after a few people didn't show up. In short, I ate 8 tacos! WOW I fasted the next day, I tell you what! Well, I love you all and I am so happy to be here in Russia! It is one legit place to experience and to serve. Speaking of service we got a farming job to do on the garden in the village this week. I will tell you all more about that next week.
Love,
Elder LeFevre
Elder LeFevre
No comments:
Post a Comment