This past week was a couple of big celebrations. Last wednesday, it was Victory Day in Russia and we had to stay inside all day unfortunately and could not see the demonstrations and the parade. I heard it was pretty cool but no worries it was a super great day to write a ton of letters! Then, Yesterday was Mother's Day and after the proselytizing day we got to Skype home! I loved telling the family some of the funny things I have seen and experienced.
This past week we spent a ton of time on the street talking to people and trying to reach our month's goal of finding a family. It is going well, as all of the companionships have been trying to receive more contacts for there potential investigator list. Collecting the names on our list this past week, I was calling old contacts and new contacts and organizing the lists and came across about four people that wanted to learn more about the gospel and our message! I was jumping for joy after I set up a few meetings to allow us to teach four lessons this past saturday. That was such a great day and I love teaching lessons and people in general. one of the guys that we talked to was a man around our age and an Atheist. He had questions every time we finished talking and tried questioning our testimonies and knowledge. After about two times of trying to explain what the Holy Ghost feels like we just bore testimony about the need for him to read the Book of Mormon and pray. Well, he said he would not pray right after we gave the commitment without a stutter. We might have some work ahead of us. haha Our progressing investigator is still trying to quit smoking and be an example of changing for the better for his wife. He has come a long way and now reads and prays regularly.
This week was great as we met new investigators and there are only two weeks left in the transfer. Time goes by super fast. I am super excited for summer and for the investigators who are coming towards baptism. Thanks for all the prayers, love and support from back home! Love you all!
Elder LeFevre
No comments:
Post a Comment