Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sept 10, 2012

It is preperation day yet again!? This just proves that your mission goes by way too fast! The end of this last week has been great in going out and representing the Lord in every way possible. When the Spirit is burning within you, nothing can stop you from sharing your testimony. One of the things I have started to change is getting up at 5:45 to get in extra language study and doing the P90x program at 6:30am in the morning as well. Today was only the first day of changing up my routine but I believe that I will get a hold of it soon enough. haha Making changes and perfecting ourselves requires us to grow spiritually, mentally, and physically in order to reach your full potential. 

We have been teaching one man here in Yekaterinburg for the past few weeks in order to get him ready to be baptized this upcoming Saturday. He has not smoked for about a week and wants to be baptized. Now we are just getting him to understand the ordinance within itself and grasp the concept of 'enduring to the end.' The theme of "enduring to the end," has rung within my thoughts for the past few days after I sent my last email full of vigor and enthusiasm for the work that I am participating in. I realized that maybe we need to do some muscle confusions for the natural man inside us in order to allow the light of the gospel grow within us. We have many opportunites to do so in our lives through scriptures study and prayer we can find the methods to align ourselves with the will of God. This takes quite a bit of humility and requires a broken heart and a contrite spirit. Of course, this does not mean you are weak or passive, but that we are good listeners and learners. We need to be teachable in order to hear the still small voice from the Holy Ghost teestify to us of things that we need to do. Everyday here in the mission field I get many promptings to do something good. By listening to that prompting, I have been talking to wonderful people on the streets, at meetings and on trasnport. I haven't allowed anything to hold me back. The man with his baptismal date coming up has recognized the need to be baptized, but it will mean nothing to him if he is not willing to continue to live by the commandments and teachings of our Savior.

I don't have enough fingers to count the times that my companion and I have had to state our purpose as missionaries to investigators. Doing so as quickly as possible opens up the doors to revelation for that person and to us in order to teach him needed principles. That is why it has been hard for a few people in our teaching pool to progress. Another investigator is going through a tough time in his life . Pray for him please! That was a testament to me that alcohol is really stupid and that was the cause of all of it. Him and his girlfriend consider us as friends and we are trying to get him to understand the need to be baptized with authority from God in order to receive repentance. We are baptized unto repentance! 

I want to bear testimony that God loves every one of you. No matter the pain, sorrow, or guilt that we feel; we need to realize that it can be taken all away thanks to the EVERLASTING ATONEMENT! What a great gift. We must understand it and apply it to be on the path to receive all the blessings that our Heavenly Father has for each and everyone of us! Love you all.

Elder LeFevre

No comments:

Post a Comment