Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sept 5, 2012


I feel so full of the Spirit everyday here in Russia. It doesn't matter where we are, we can always feel the love that comes from our Heavenly Father as we obey his voice. I have been learning about obedience every day of my mission it seems and how big of a law it is in the eternal aspect of things. After leaving Chelyabinsk, it has taken me a while to get a grasp upon where I am at in my mission and how I am anticipating in this amazing work. I love the calling that I have and the responsibility it brings as I stretch myself beyond measure to gain as much knowledge and experience as possible when exercising faith in our Savior Jesus Christ. This past week was the second week of this transfer and an opportunity to get a good start on accomplishing the goal that was set in our mission of 91 baptisms by the end of this year. As of now we have 52 baptisms to go and four months left. I found myself in the "rut" of things this last transfer and have been praying to receive answers on my prayers of what I need to do in order to keep developing talents in the language, teaching, and leadership qualities. Many things have changed in my attitude toward the work and in my relationship with my Heavenly Father. Many events in the past week were catalysts in the process of this mighty "change of heart" inside me and it started with bringing some light into my understanding.

This past week my companion and I having been working to get ten new investigators and two baptisms by the end of this transfer, however realized that we can do things better and have been aligning ourselves to live everything exactly obedient. I remember the three points of advice Uncle Clark gave to me after being set apart was, "OBEDIENCE, OBEDIENCE, OBEDIENCE!" The great thing about this advice is that it has a very eternal role and is first law in heaven. My companion and I are far from perfect, but we got a hold of ourselves and realized that every lesson we had in the past transfer could have been better and they could have been closer to baptism. Every meeting this past week has focused upon helping them keep their commitments and coming closer to baptism or dropped in order to find the elect. There are plenty of people to talk to. As the week approached to an end we had the privilege of meeting President and Sister Lawrence from the area presidency on Sunday 2nd of September at a special district conference. Chelyabinsk took a bus ride early that morning to come to the meeting at ten in the morning which consisted only of new members and investigators. The room was full. It was great to see the two investigators who had received baptism in my time of teaching them there and being reunited with smiles and words of gratitude. I cannot express the feeling of joy and love I felt as I saw one of them get the Melcesidic Priesthood and to know that the recent member is passing the sacrament. These are testaments to me of hard work, faith and obedience. These three principles are in our mission scripture and I assure you that I will be incorporating them every day of my life. The influence of the Holy Ghost was strengthened in those meetings listening to words of wisdom and truth from the Comforter. Little did I know that this was the beginning in order to prepare me to receive my answer to my prayers recently about, How can I keep myself progressing and become the man that I want to become at the end of my mission?"

Monday morning I came prepared to discuss on Zone Leader Council the goal of 91 baptisms with Pres. and Sister Rust, Pres. and Sis. Lawrence and all my brethren. Once we finished business, we opened discussion with President Lawrence suggesting many topics that we wanted to receive council and answers on in order to train and help our missionaries. We had many topics on the board and Elder B picked the first topic of discussion with 91 baptisms. It is the third quarter in a football game for us and we needed the help of our Heavenly Father to guide us through this. We all gathered on our knees and prayed to receive inspiration on how to accomplish this goal before the end of the year. We devised a four step system in which we will bring the powers of heaven to accomplish the task ahead. 1) Prayer/Fasting- This Friday, every missionary will fast in our mission to seek inspiration to find the 91, things which we can improve in obedience, and our personal sacrifice to the Lord in order to achieve all of our goals. 2) The sacrifice- I am a firm believer in personal sacrifice in order to grow, learn and achieve. I have many things in my mind right now which I can give up or do better and I am excited in finding out what the Lord wants me to do. 3) GO BOLD and do not put limitations on the Lord- I will be exercising faith in fulfilling my promises and living the higher law. Satan cannot bind my tongue! 4) I will participate in three baptisms by the end of the year. So be expecting pictures!! :) The Spirit was very strong and it was indescribable as we ended feeling the flame with in us burn with light of knowledge and truth to spread to our missionaries and to people everywhere. I had an interview with one of the coolest members of the Quorum of the Seventy and of course our awesome Mission President. They both inspire me very much to be the best I can and to internalize everything I learn here on my mission.

Tuesday, was an amazing Zone Conference with the pleasure of President Lawrence and Sis Lawrence presiding. We were taught by Sis. Lawrence on the subject of our calling and about our lineage. She knows the scriptures really well and can tell you any reference to back up her comments and lessons. My mind was melting with how much information I was given regarding the scriptures and our calling as missionaries. The Spirit was presiding the whole meeting and before we went down to lunch we were asked to present the idea and revelation received from our Zone Leader Council to the missionaries in our zone. Elder S and I just wanted to put on Braveheart paint and yell and grunt like men. Elder S led the presentation with the details and his testimony, and then we went down the line confirming what we received is true and we will be committed to the work. My hand clenched in a fist as I was shaking with so much love and excitement for everyone that I would come into contact with. The mission came on board with us and yesterday was an amazing start to a new slate as we all make changes in repentance and sacrifice to bring the blessings of heaven upon us in this mission. I don’t ask you all to join in the fastbecause that is against the rules, but I ask that you keep praying for me as I pray for every one of you! I love you all and the amazing influence you have had in my life. Help us pray for miracles in achieving our goal of 91 baptisms because I want you to be involved in my work. Your prayers are a great strength to me and to all the missionaries here. Good luck with school and know that obedience is the key to freedom.

Love Elder LeFevre

No comments:

Post a Comment