Thursday, January 3, 2013

December 24, 2012

It was a hectic week, starting with our day on Monday on the the elektrishka ride to Yekaterinburg on Monday morning. I had to carry some pretty heavy luggage this past week in -37 C due to the early departuring trains and late trains that were taken for transfers. It is all good though, because it is going towards the goal that my new companion and I have in becoming Chuck Norris in seven steps or less! We have found that in any small ways we can find to keep ourselves warm, whether it be boosting the metabolism or making hot chocolate helps. 

This week began with a great conversation on the elektrishka with a man from Shadrinsk. We talked to him for five hours! Everything from the aweful news in Conneticut to the gospel. I know that he left that train knowing that at least we weren't a sect or weird. He promised to look at the mormon site according to the pass along card we gave. After dropping off Elder E, I went on splits with the office elders  for two days until I could unite with my new companion, Elder P on Wednesday. I even got to spend the day in the office and experience an office meeting. It was completely different side of the work in that office. Seemed like everyone was focused upon fulfilling the tasks that had been given to them and making deadlines, while I was folding papers and eating candy. It was great being around the elders there and the M's again. We even made this epic meal where each one of us ended up eating 500 grams of Pelmeni. Yeah, that is a lot of food! It gave me enough energy for the rest of that day and the next as we went tracting and looking at some great new apartments for the office/assistants.  

Wednesday afternoon came around then it was off to K again. The end of the week was tough because it has been a while since I was the one in the companionship that knew the city and about everyone. I have been filling in the spaces for my companion as we have been tracting and and contacting. We received some good potentials and even a return appointment, but that fell through yesterday for us. It definately has been tough in finding like always but we all know that nothing is meant to be easy but really a trial of our faith. Our companionship is going well and has set some goals to become like Chuck Norris and be 100% obedient to all the rules. We have set specific goals and are now trying to rely on the Lord as we do his will. I love the mission and you all have a Happy New Year and Merry Christmas!!

Love Elder LeFevre

No comments:

Post a Comment