It is really cool how in a few months I can see how the gospel can bring anyone together. My district is compiled of totally different people and yet we have all managed to become best friends. We are already planning for a reunion when we get back! ha-ha
This week deserves a title due to the fact that in some ways I feel like I am in that series. The battle has been raging since the beginning of time in the pre-existence. I have been enlisted in God's army and I have the squadron leading the attack as the morning breaks in the darkest areas of the world. Spreading light, truth, and strength to those in need of fighting their own battles in their lives. We all have those battles within us and we need to recognize who or what is confronting us. "Nothing good comes from the Devil" This ranges from a ton of things but it is very true.
The other day my companion got picked to be an example to the new missionaries on Wednesday in teaching. We had to attend a training meeting to see how we can improve to be the best example we can be. We watched these interviews on this website and people were interviewed randomly on the streets about their lives. Immediately after hearing about five minutes of their life, I felt like I already started to love that person. Weird, but the people in these interviews were real people with some big concerns in their lives. Concerns such as, many divorces, deaths, separation from kids, no place to live because they can't get a decent job to go along with their injuries, family is broken, and they have allowed substances take over their lives. I guess I am developing a sense of charity. Immediately when I thought about people out there like that, people in the church, my family, my friends, everyone matters to me. I have always been willing to lend out a hand to anyone in need. I am reminded of a time in seminary (yes you can learn something in seminary if you are awake), the song "Heaven Wouldn't Be" and the words after state, 'without you." This is how I feel when I look at all of you back home. When I go into Russia, I am going and carrying this behind everything I do.
This was one of the only times where I have felt strongly about what I know and I want everyone to know that message too. I am ready to go and stand in the midst of oppression, and darkness and with my band of brothers I have made at the MTC stand for truth and light! It will be fun and i can't wait to let you guys know how its going!
Love you all!
Старейшина Лефевр
No comments:
Post a Comment