Hello from the wonderful city of Chelyabinsk!
I arrived here late Wednesday night with Elder A, Elder K, and Elder S. We gathered our luggage from our five hour bus ride on the nice pot hole filled Russian highway and called for a taxi to pick us up to take us to our apartment. At first, I thought that we were living with the elders in centre for the night but it ended up with us living there until Sunday.
Immediately, Elder S and I had a huge list of things to do as zone leaders here in Chelyabinsk. From Wednesday onward we bought a new apartment, moved into the new apartment, now setting up the apartment, did zone class, met with a few investigators, been on the phone constantly, and sat in on a two-hour branch council meeting. Yeah!! Ha-ha (Almost forgot weekly planning! whoo hoo) It is a super awesome apartment and we set the goal to fix up the apartment and to DO WORK!! We have begun the process of 'whitewashing' the area and have met with many people who have been investigating the church.
Getting used to the new bus routes and city layout has been nothing but funny to us. This last week I got us lost about 3 times. We were coming back from a meeting in our new area and I believed that a certain bus had the bus stop that we were looking for, but we ended up in the outskirts of town and asking for directions. I am horrible at my way around for a while but I become a pro. Ha-ha. After zone class, we had a finding activity and I got to go on splits with my MTC companion, Elder P and go contacting the streets here in Chely and got two awesome street meetings and some promising potential investigators. It was cool to see how far our language has come since the MTC! We finally got moved in last night after filling our suitcases with stuff that we needed and hauling them onto the bus! I hate moving!! Ha-ha. We realized then that our water filter connections need another adapter and so last night we had half a liter of water and a couple of oranges to live off! Today we will fix that!
LOVE YALL!
IT is ALL ABOUT CHELY BABY!
Elder LeFevre
No comments:
Post a Comment