Elder Y, Elder
Z, and I had a blast for our days in during New Years a week ago! We made a big dinner of
mash potatoes, steak, salad, fruit, sparkling cider, кока кола, and ice cream!
It was so good but I was sick from eating too much. We stayed up until midnight
and got to see to massive amounts of fireworks blasting in the air all around
us, which sounded like a war movie with surround sound. Plus, we got to
watch "It's a Wonderful Life!" BOMB!!
After our day in we
only had a few more days left with Elder Z until he went home and decided
to do something special for his last P-day. Thanks to Bro. D, the members
and us went to the monument located not too far outside of Yekaterinburg
(кразна комск) to take some pictures of the massive monument that marks the
line between Europe and Asia. Afterwards, we went ice-skating again and this
time I didn't fall and the members taught me a few good tips! Then we
celebrated the birthday of Elder B at McDonalds...YEAH YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS!! We did the Ochocinco challenge, which
is two big macs, large fry, and a large Coke! Unfortunately, I didn't
participate, due to the knowledge I had obtained from previous trips! ROLL ME
OUT!! Ha-ha
Later on that day,
we met with one our progressing investigators at his awesome apartment near our
apartment building. We had a great meeting and we are going to meet with him
again tonight. This past week went by really quick and it is almost the end of
the transfer and I have survived conducting district classes and helping the
missionaries in my district. I love my calling! We lately have been tracting in
our apartment building with 18 stories and it has been quite a good experience.
The first night we dropped off Elder Z and came back and none of our
appointments worked out and I immediately got the impression lets tract the
apartment building, so we did. It was good, and we received some potential
investigators out of it and a couple of lessons! I love getting the nice breeze
of some doors slamming and some of the reactions people give. I don't know why
I like it, but I figured that I am doing what I was called to do and preach the
gospel to the people. Plus it was hilarious to have one guy open up and just
make the "doh!" noise Homer Simpson makes as soon as he looked at our
nametags! Ha-ha
Just last night, I
had one of the coolest meetings where I got to see physical evidence of someone
deciding to make a change in their repentance process. Someone has been
through a lot and as a result became inactive and a few issues. Over time they have had some relapses, but we kept teaching the five principles taught by Elder
Todd Christofferson this last conference. We focused on change and we knew
about his trials and what he needed to do. That day two members had visited him
with a card and he decided to go out and get ready
for church. In doing so he bought some pants, suit and brought out his ties.
That night, when we visited him he was sober and we beared testimony on change
in our lives and the steps needed to be taken. That is when he turned to Elder
Y, after he said he had sinned, and said, "UNDERSTAND!" (HEAVY
RUSSIAN ACCENT HERE) He handed over his materials and we broke and destroyed
them and threw them out! I felt like I just did a 'flying knee' into Satan's
jaw! I am glad to see him get rid of the junk he had! So the work continues
this next year and I am hoping to breathe without the inside of my nose being
frozen and for the sun to shine some more because if we are doing that tanning
contest this year I am so, so, so white!! Ha-ha
LOVE YA!!
Elder LeFevre
No comments:
Post a Comment