Привет всем!! С Новым Годом! Hello to Everyone and Happy New Year. The streets are becoming scarce of people, which have roamed them in the past as the New Year approaches. After our meetings it is common to see people pulling a sled of party supplies and tons of food! It was weird for me at first to see how this holiday means so much to everyone here, because for me in the past the New Year just happened. Ha-ha. Looking back on last year's celebration, I am glad that there is no such thing as Dominos Pizza! Ha-ha-ha (Kyle and Jon got sick last year eating Dominos)
We have been stocking up on food for the next few days, as we will be in, starting today at 4pm! We are trying to get a game of Risk for us. (It is a blessing that there are 3 of us since we have to stay in for almost 3 days.)
This past week we met with someone, who is just hilarious in general due to their belief that plural marriage is all right! Ha-ha. NO WAY BRO!! I only understand so much but something’s I catch. Ha-ha. Elder Ж and I had to explain why that is wrong and it was super easy to do. I realized how straight forward I needed to be with people that I converse with and that most of the time, they will not be offended.
As you all know, I am district leader and I had the opportunity to conduct a district class for the first time yesterday and I learned many lessons on being a leader and in charge as you may say. So I made sure to tell everyone about the meeting way in advance and that we will be setting goals for our district, but I didn't specify the place. Previously, Yekaterinburg had been meeting at the mission office to do Zone Class, but now we have districts. As you may see this can complicate things and so it did. The assistants thought we were meeting at our branch and had called me to clarify and I totally forgot to clarify the place for the sisters. In doing so we showed up at the branch and got ready and awaited everyone. The assistants were going to be late, and canceled 15 minutes past the time appointed due to the commuting time, then the sisters called and asked where were we. They had gone to the office, which was closer to the assistants, so we thought for a second and concluded in order to make this happen and allow enough time to have district class yesterday we were going to need to take a taxi. So I began to call all the taxi companies, and one by one they replied that they were busy and had no cars!! It was a nightmare. So we went to the bus stop and Elder Z flagged down a car. We hopped in and asked what would be the price to drive to the location of the office fast, he replied, "300p!" For sure we took that deal! Ha-ha. So all in all, you never can give too many details about a planned activity or meeting. Lack of communication causes the most headaches! Ha-ha.
Today we will be giving a blessing and taking this time to reflect upon the New Year and making plans for the New Year! (GOALS!! WHOOO!) I will follow through with them...hopefully!
Love you all! Я люблю каждого из вас!!
Старейшина Лефевр
No comments:
Post a Comment