Monday, December 3, 2012

November 12, 2012

So this past week was great. After Email last Monday we went to the bazaar and looked at some shopka made out of raccoon and fox fur. They were really cool and not too bad of a price. Maybe today I can talk them down. Later that night I went on splits with Elder A to contact and stop by a member to announce about invitation Sunday that we had yesterday. We stopped by the member’s house and led a lesson with the kids.  From that lesson we did receive a nice little referral from her that we will be trying to get in contact with.

Tuesday morning we with Elder Y left in a taxi that was actually a FORD and not a LADA to the Bokzal. We got there to catch the electric train to Yekaterinburg, but Elder Y didn't have a print out of his ticket and the lady behind the desk told us to work out the problem ourselves. We have great customer service here btw. I love it!!!  The train was scheduled to leave in five minutes. We ran across the tracks and the icy walkways to the train. Everything from that point on was a miracle. I showed the lady my ticket and she never did check Elder Young's ticket! The trip was a long hot ride for 6 1/2 hours to Yekat. 
Here in Russia you are never really at the right temperature you are either hot or cold throughout the year. 

We got to Zone Leader Council on time and had a great discussion on many topics and things that will change the mission for the better in the areas of our language skills and our finding activities. I was like a sponge just soaking it all up! Everything was just working out for me as well. Elder E found an apartment for the new elders that will be here soon this next Friday after training and traveling. Everyone is staying in Kurgan but we are glad and excited to receive Elders P and his new missionary who is Russian. Everyone basically in our mission is legit on every level. We came back from Yekaterinburg Wednesday midnight to catch up on some sleep but to leave on a bus to Tyumen because we would need to leave for the airport in Tyumen next morning early to make our flight to Moscow. I went on splits once again for the night to find people on the street and use the techniques that we learned at ZLC, which are great and helps with all of my communication skills. We talked to some nice people and got some numbers for the Tyumen elders to meet with.

My visa trip was short and sweet. I got some nice Karl Fazer dark
 chocolate with mint and I talked to a Finnish guy that was pretty awesome. I now know some Finnish...one or two words that is. Ha-ha. That language is ten times harder than anything I have seen and encountered. We came back to Tyumen Saturday morning after traveling for 24 hrs to catch up some sleep and then it was a 6 hour bus ride due to traffic coming out of Tyumen to Kurgan. We got to Kurgan and ate and stopped by our investigators that were close.

Sunday was a great day. We awoke and got ready for personal study and then went to wake up our investigator. We also went tracting that night and we might have a new investigator, who surprisingly believes in the same aspects of the gospel of Jesus Christ and our church and was very knowledgeable in many things in history. It about caused a little explosion in my head. 
 
That was my crazy week and I hope to get work done here in Kurgan this week!!
LOVE YOU ALL!Elder LeFevre

No comments:

Post a Comment