Instead of being stuck inside like the missionaries in Yekaterinburg, we had a fun filled day on splits with the assistants. They barely made it out of Yekaterinburg to come on down to the big town Kurgan! We had a good time contacting people in the cold rain and had some good success. I learned a lot about planning specific goals. That night we had a successful activity in the place of English conversation group. About thirty people came and we did watermelon
carving, scary stories, and eating doughnuts hanging from the ceiling without hands. It was fun! I talked to about three people about the restoration and handed out pamphlets and Books of Mormon. People were interested in our church and who we were. I will be sure to get some
pictures to you of the activity.
We had a couple of things left over to clean up the activity and did that at the weekly cleaning. When we came the other day to do the cleaning there was a smell of sewage throughout the building and it was gross. i looked in the bathroom and on the floor was stagnate water that had risen from the drains in the floor. We continued to clean after identifying to the branch president the problem that had taken place. However after doing the second floor we made our way down to the bottom after Sis. H came up telling us that the problem had worsened and that the flood was in the kitchen the baptismal font and in the bathrooms. We mopped it all up and left the window open to continue to air it out. We came the next day to find that it didn't smell too bad and that we could do church. I guess that Kurgan rests upon a swamp and that most of the rivers flow upstream. Therefore in a storm or snow melt it makes sense that water was coming out of the drains. I am glad Las Vegas is dry! ha-ha
We had a good week and had the opportunity of increasing our visits with our investigator who is preparing for baptism. We hope that he will be ready. I love you all and I pray for you. Have a good week!!
Love,
Elder LeFevre
No comments:
Post a Comment