Monday, December 3, 2012

November 19, 2012

Guess who's back..back again. Winter is back..tell a friend!  My companion and I will be stepping on the accelerator spiritually in our efforts in the upcoming weeks before he gets on the plane back to America. It is going to be a great transfer. Just last night we had a miracle after a long day at church doing financial business and  contacting. We decided to call the potential sheet again and my companion stumbled upon a man that was contacted during the summer  that agreed to meet with us at the church that night! We definitely made the trip down back to the church as the temperature was quickly  dropping since the sun went down about 4:30 pm. I love the winter but unfortunately we arrived at the bus stop and had to wait.  He found us pacing on the ice and we quickly made our way to the church to teach the first lesson. We
found that he had read the Book of Mormon all the way through 3 Nephi and that he could tell us a nice summary of the the Joseph Smith
  testimony in front of the book. I was in shock about how much knowledge was picked up after he has made only 3/4 of the way in the  Book of Mormon. We had a good meeting and he agreed to be baptized. Proves again that the Lord blesses those who stick it out and put forth faith through action. 

We got a new companionship of elders in  the city this last week and everything just started fitting into place with that as they are getting adjusted to the area that we had created  for them. Kurgan is hanging in there and we are seriously trying to get our investigators at church! "Just come to church!" The topic is gratitude for the month in the mission and we are hoping to knock the rest of the zones off their feet with our efforts.

I read a pretty awesome quote in my pamphlet that I received from Bro.
Kaufman this last week about giving it all you got without showing an ounce of fear. It is a really big quote but talks about a man in the  ring fighting sweating and working hard basically to bring about achievement of that which he is trying to strive towards. The man has  no fear because if he fails while striving diligently at least he has done so daringly. That man will not be with those sad and timid souls  that knew neither victory nor defeat. Sorry if it doesn't make sense in my own words but I will be trying to memorize it after I have  translated it into Russian. In making this a reality in all that I am doing with my companion and personally we have seen the blessings of  receiving numbers off the street after the trial of our faith. we even set up a meeting the other day for tonight to meet with a lady to  discuss the first lesson with her and get her a baptismal date as
well. Why hold anything back?! As with any point in our lives I have
  definitely realized the important council that has been given to us b  our beloved prophets and apostles about time. Where we spend the most  of our time is the greatest outward expression of where our heart
truly lies. I know that everything can be put into two categories. Is
  this choice going to lead me to eternal happiness (life) or be lost among the counterfeits of the world. Nothing is impossible unless we  say it is. I know that to be true with all my heart. We will keep hoping upon the blessings that await us after we have done everything  necessary in our own hands. I am grateful for the many great examples that have surrounded me and are surrounding me. The Gospel is true.

LOVE YOU ALL!!

Elder LeFevre

No comments:

Post a Comment