Monday, October 3, 2011

6 month mark

So what a fun filled week here in Perm!! Me and Elder A set the goal to talk to ten people individually everyday, hand out 4 Books of Mormon and receive eight new numbers a week. We did it! Meetings with members and in-actives have been tough, but we strive to get street meetings as much as possible! This past week we had 12 meetings and that was a ton of work trying to set up all those meetings, and now I know how hard Elder F and Elder H tried to get meetings set up! I have been getting better at carrying a conversation on the phone and setting up meetings with people, so I hope our weeks will become more filled with teaching opportunities.

Last Monday we went down to center of Perm and met up with the other elders to go on the hunt for PB! (800g) for 400 rubles. They weren’t open and then we went looking around and contacting among the streets and shopped for kepkas. The rest of the week we pursued our goals on the street and made some pretty sweet contacts. We met with an investigator and his nearly 16-year-old cat in his shanty apartment and the look on Elder A's face was priceless.

One area we were contacting in we contacted a guy who looks like Michael Moore ha-ha He came up to us and asked me if I knew Joel. I stated that it is a book in the bible and he was a prophet. The guy nodded his head and said what the heck is it!?  He then began to yell at us and call us liars and hooligan’s. I thought that it would be the last time I would see this guy but NO, we were walking and contacting the same area and then I turned to Elder A and said,"Awww, bleeen!" Sure enough the guy remembered us and ran up to me again and asked if I now knew. Of course I knew! Then he said, "That’s All" and started going off yelling to everyone about the second coming. I LIVE FOR THOSE MOMENTS!! hahaha

This past week we had two new investigators in our area and we are preparing to teach them the 2nd lesson! ha-ha YA SON! DO WORK! They are a little quiet and at times but they were good experiences for my companion and I. We come in every night super duper tired and wake up the same way! ha-ha It is funny at 8:00 am we have personal study and I will look across the table and my companion's head is bobbing his head up and down! ha-ha

We don't do English club regularly now because we switch with the other elders from time to time. Which is cool because we then don't have to go the church out of our area for 45 min. Reminds me this past Thursday, when we had a meeting at the church then a meeting in another town which is and hour away from the church. We left the church at 7:30 pm get there at 8:30 and it started to pour and the streets here are really bad and there are floods everywhere! My companion and I ran thru the rain with our umbrellas stepping in flooded streets due to the lack of lights and tried to make our meeting. Well, It didn’t work out for us and then we had to catch a bus back to our house! It can get frustrating, but just imagine the missionaries running through mini floods, and of course we turned a lot of heads and got shouts from old grandmas from windows! "BOYS COVER UP!" "AMERICANS!" hahaha

This week was eventful and I hope to help out my greenie as much as possible and it definitely has been a learning experience for us both this past week!

PS: If you send a letter through dearelder.com then a return address would be sweet because there is no return address unless you type it in the letter, then I can write back.

Love ya’ll and thanks for all of your support!
Elder LeFevre

No comments:

Post a Comment