Monday, October 17, 2011

IT IS FREEZING !


IT IS FREEZING! Last week we made our way on to Ekat to participate in a leadership-training meeting and it was quite good. Elder A and I stayed at the Assistant's apartment on some nice comfortable beds to wake up in the morning and have an amazing breakfast supplied by Sister R! THE BOMB! It was great to see everyone from around the mission and see how everyone is doing and how the investigators are doing and if someone has a new tie. It is weird because I talk about nothing but missionary work and the subject of ties intrigues me! Ha-ha-ha  And also how our favorite song is not the new one out from Eminem, but a church hymn. Anyway, I got to ride in a train for seven hours there and back, like in Harry Potter! It was extremely cool, but man it got scorching hot in there because they started using the heaters like full blast here and it is cold outside, but inside you just start to shed off all the clothing you can! Ha-ha

Unfortunately, we had to drop an investigator from English club this past week. It was not cool at all to do that, but she dumped us for the most part, because she was convinced on giving the Book of Mormon back to us and she wouldn't continue to read, because she had no desire. AGhhhhh… Agency is just something I want to throw out the window sometimes, but there are people out there that choose not to do the right and you cannot force them to do anything or else you are actually pushing them farther away.

So, with that we decided to continue to be creative and look for ways to find some investigators for our area to teach. We came to the conclusion of 'booing' people with treats like we do back home and challenge members to pass along the fun to neighbors, friends and in-actives. In doing so, we came across a referral and he showed up to church. "Ka Ching" It is sweet, then we did a taco night at a member's home and the member's brother was there and he came to church too. He shared with us his struggle with smoking that started at the age of 13 and how he has only been able to go with out a cigarette for 3 days max. For once in a long time in a conversation have I been stumped with what to say. I couldn't relate, because I have never experienced, nor never will I smoke. I could tell he was stressed out about it and we told him that we really want to help him overcome his addiction through five easy steps of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

This week was great and I performed 4 blessings this past week, which was scary!!  God has blessed me and our companionship greatly this past week.
"Never give up and never surrender."-Galaxy Quest (good movie) ha-ha

Love you all! Я вас люблю.
Elder LeFevre

No comments:

Post a Comment