Hi Everyone !
The weather has been staying warm and sunrise and set is throwing us off. Me and Elder A wake up and look at each other from across the room and go, "Hmmm... that didn't take long!" hahaha
Our week has been busy with several cool things and experiences. We have been out on the street quite often and talking with everyone! When I mean everyone, I mean everyone. I have ran into quite a few interesting people this past week and one was on the bus on the way home. I entered the bus and saw an open seat and immediately took it and said hello to the man next to me as we began to go again. The man looked over at me and turned his baseball cap sideways and engaged me into the conversation with him. The man was totally wasted and the smell of alcohol was rich in the air, which proceeded to come out of his mouth. He said, “OH You are beautiful servants of the Lord, and I want to help you guys out!" I thought to myself, "Well, I'd be more happy to help you!" haha So I told him where I was from (excluding Las Vegas) and why we were there. He proceeded to hug me and sing and quiz me on my Russian and speak German as well. Yep, my head was having a hard time translating. He got off the same stop as us and asked if we needed help or if we wanted to drink with him. I replied with a kind "no thanks and that he should call." We left across the street and he gave us thumbs up and said he would call. Good news is that he called and was interested in having a meeting at the church now that he is sober haha.
Elder A and I have been having a couple of tough weeks in the fact that our investigator right now has been taught two lessons and has gone to General Conference, but she thinks that there is nothing special about our church! HOW!!?? We have set another meeting with her after English club and I hope that she will see that the Book of Mormon is true; that we have a prophet and that the Holy Ghost is real!
Conference was amazing and I loved President Monson's talks!! It was different having conference with just the missionaries but fun, especially if you watch it being dubbed in Russian. (No worries we had English, my brain only took so much of the Russian) We had Mountain Dew, cookies, and bananas to go with the program.
So now I got to explain myself for not emailing yesterday. We had service at 9am yesterday and were assured we would be back at 1pm in the afternoon, but we got back from the "old country" at 6pm in the afternoon from moving furniture! I think that this is the number one service project in the church. haha I got to ride in the front on the way back and talk about cars with the driver and President A, which was awesome and I got to listen to some Russian remix of Linkin Park all the way back haha. We came back and ate KFC with the other missionaries and then we went to bowl at a fancy Russian hotel! It was cool!
Love ya all !
Elder LeFevre
No comments:
Post a Comment